Got a new canister filter 3 stage was wondering

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Don't see that being a problem, I have my wand spraying against the glass so it doesn't make noise. Works great. In my opinion it is pointless to spend more when this option exists.

Don't see that being a problem, I have my wand spraying against the glass so it doesn't make noise. Works great. In my opinion it is pointless to spend more when this option exists.

Yea i noticed the pressure wasnt that much so i have it spraying towards the front of my tank love the filter so far

My question is; what chemical filtration is run in anyone's tank if AC nor ammonia remover is used? Does anyone just run sponges and rings then?

running none.....if all your parameters line up there should be no problem with amonia .....hense dont over feed ...be on top of your water changes and so forth....from the info i have been getting people only use chemical when you want to rid a tank of chemicals example like a hospital or qt tank.....should be fine without it i think ill let you know after a couple of week of mine running.

That's kind of what I'm gathering too. I feel old school and figured AC was always used if for nothing more than odor. Ur thread made me think about my filter, thanx. I guess I'll run sponge and rings/bio balls until something starts to get out of tune.

Yea that's what I have read also more so every now and then put a bag of carbon toget rid of smell ....in my office tank I'll throw some in the fuge for a week and take it out every couple weeks for the hell of it

Reefpete said:
Thank you again ...hows the fish ? any better?

Yes they are doing great. Bumped my salinity to 1.011. Then next week 1.012 and so on. Two more weeks and they get to meet " woodstock" the spotted hawkfish. He has been guarding the reef

Georgia said:
Yes they are doing great. Bumped my salinity to 1.011. Then next week 1.012 and so on. Two more weeks and they get to meet " woodstock" the spotted hawkfish. He has been guarding the reef

Awesome stuff post a pick of the hawk lol got one at my office they are so cool he's a long nose

Reefpete said:
Awesome stuff post a pick of the hawk lol got one at my office they are so cool he's a long nose

Im now treating the last two weeks with copper. The inly thing i'm not sure of is water changes and the copper content. It reads 2 drops per gallon then repeat in 48 hrs no carbon. Well so for two weeks i don't change water to keep that copper at a perfect level???

Another thing is this morning he has white places on him. I'm starting to wonder if all of this was injury spots from him rubbing up against LR and not the stupid solo cup i have in there. Ether way, the copper is in. Pain in the asssssssss

Be careful as the copper treatment is usually copper sulfate and the test kits some do not test that make sure bc copper sulfate content is different than copper and test kits need to say tests sulfate ......also use melafix all natural injury treatment

Reefpete said:
Be careful as the copper treatment is usually copper sulfate and the test kits some do not test that make sure bc copper sulfate content is different than copper and test kits need to say tests sulfate ......also use melafix all natural injury treatment

This is what i have

image-2630308159.jpg

It says its buffered active copper

I never seen that but what you could do is call company and ask how to test for levels like what test kit to use ....I use coppersafe and most other do too not to familiar with that let me do some research and see what I can find

so the canister is working wonderfully and i have no probelms.....its so quiet i have to make sure it on sometimes lol...def a great buy

Reefpete said:
so the canister is working wonderfully and i have no probelms.....its so quiet i have to make sure it on sometimes lol...def a great buy

Good. My marine land 220 rocks cleaning it is simply turning a key and lifting.

Back
Top Bottom