Got my new skimmer could use some help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spechty37

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello well I got my new bubble magus skimmer today and I ordered the 180 and they sent me the 220. I called and they told me if I could use it to just keep it. COOL!!!!! I think could some one tell me if it's possible to have to big of a skimmer I think it's rated for 200 to 350 gallons and I only have like 110 total here's a picture of it in my sump couldn't wait lol. I hope it's not to big. My next question is since it's new how far should I have the bubbles coming up I got to be honest they didn't give me much of a instruction sheet is more of just a diagram of how to put it together and it says to set it in 10" of water. Your thoughts would be appreciated. Thank youImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395436650.881840.jpg

You lucked out. Awesome skimmer!
Let the bubbles reach about 4" from the top of the collection cup and adjust from there.
I think the reason they don't give instructions on how to use these, is because some people like to skim wet, while others like to skim on the dry side. It's not rocket science putting it together either ;)
No, it's not possible to have too big of a skimmer. Manufacturers tend to rate their skimmers loosely.

Thank you Mrx you just made my day it's like Xmas lol.

I agree, you can't hardly have a skimmer that's too big. Unless you have to cut a hole in the ceiling to get it in the room.

Lol I thought I was gonna have to shut down the sump for a couple days and redo the baffles to make it bigger but it just fit

Back
Top Bottom