Having heater problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Heavy

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey what's up guys. Yesterday my heater broke and I went out to get a new one. 200 watts. It's been I my tank since last night and it's still not at my desired temp. Should I be worried. I mean it is warming up, it took the tank from 72 too 76 but not more.

How much time should I give it Before returning it!?

The indicator light turns on and off. As of the heat is where it's supposed to be but it is not

Hmm it should work fine maybe the brand or where its placed I. The tank I like to put mine by my power head so that it flows thru the tank

Hmm it should work fine maybe the brand or where its placed I. The tank I like to put mine by my power head so that it flows thru the tank

Yeah I have it the same infront of the power head . I mean it is warming the tank, just not as fast as I Thought it would. The brand I have is MARINA 200 watt w/ temp control

Thanks you by the way
You could try adding some warm water(not hot), dechlorinated of course. This might involve a small water change, 5-10ltrs. This should raise the temp by a few degrees, then see if the heater maintains that temp. You'll then know if your heater is working ok....

You could try adding some warm water(not hot), dechlorinated of course. This might involve a small water change, 5-10ltrs. This should raise the temp by a few degrees, then see if the heater maintains that temp. You'll then know if your heater is working ok....

Aaaaahh I see what you saying. Ill give that a shot. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom