Help me with the Eheim 2215 (too noisy)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sf1

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi,

My new Eheim 2215 is too noisy.

There is probably 1 reason:

1. The impeller has some holes (or crack) inside.

I attached a photo, can you please confirm me if it't real defect? Or it's normal?

I need to know that to claim this to the store (Eheim itself don't even answer on messages, like always).

Thanks

Attachments

• 20140402_165407.jpg
    20140402_165407.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 127
Rattle, vibration from the filter head even if all air was eliminated and everything was lubricated.

I looked at my spare impeller, and the inside of it looks perfectly smooth, so yours might be defective. Also, my eheim wasn't perfectly silent, until after a few days, when it built a 'slime' coat on it... but it was making more of a humming noise, no rattle/vibration.

Does the impeller shaft seat into the rubber bushings on both ends?

I changed the impeller. Can somebody tell me please if the noise is OK?

Does the impeller shaft seat into the rubber bushings on both ends?
Yes.

Were your c3's louder? They sounded louder. When mine's running, and you're standing really close to it focusing on it, it sounds like a very quiet fridge running. As long as there isn't any rattling or air noises, which i really couldn't hear, it sounds normal. And after a few days when it gets a 'slime coat', it should be quieter. My 2213 is just as quiet, if not more so, than my AC20

So, the new impeller fixed the problem
Now it's silent. Very nice.

Water quality become much better in 30 min!

Were your c3's louder?
Right now (after NO/OFF 20 min) it become more silent. But yes, often they are loud.

Back
Top Bottom