Hmmm... Dripping bulkhead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

partypalooza5

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a 1" bulkhead on the drain of my overflow. I knew there was a tiny leak between the pipe and the bulkhead (since I didn't glue it properly...) But now its more of a drip. I need to do it right, the only trouble is the tank is full and I can't take out the PVC and glue it in right. Are there any other options?

I was thinking of putting in a union but I don't have the cash for one right now.

Depending on the type of overflow, would you be able to cover it from the tank side with a heavy grade plastic to stop the water flow. The back pressure of the tank would hold it in place when the inside of the overflow is drained. This may allow you to fix the leak while not draining the entire tank. Since the original piece is glued, you may have to replace the bulkhead fitting if that is where the leak is. Do you have a photo of the problem?

It's a HOB overflow. And with a little jiggling and smacking, the pipe came out. I glued it into the bulkhead right and so far so good! :D

Back
Top Bottom