In-Sump Heater vs. In-Tank Heater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquaman99

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'd like to get some thoughts on in-sump heaters. From articles I've read this sounds to be a newer tech for heating your tank.

Does it work as advertised? Meaning does it really heat your water consistently throughout your tank?

Thanks!

newer tech no.... a heater in the sump would be the same heater in the tank. the only bad thing with a heater only in the sump is if for some reason the pump stops working you will no longer be heating your tank. on the other hand the less stuff in your tank the better.....

there are also inline heaters which i think are more of "newer tech" used mostly with canister filters.

just like any heater it will all depend on the flow. it heats the water in the sump but if you have dead spots there might be some temp change.

there is zero diffrence between in tank and in sump heating. its about personal prefrence on looks. thats it. you could put it out side in a trash can if you had it plumbed to your tank. it doesnt matter at all

Back
Top Bottom