InLine Heaters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a Hydor ETH 200 on my 25 gal tank and a Hydor ETH 300 on my 55 gal tank. I have had no issues. They keep a constant temperature. I love not having the clutter in the tank. I would recommend them. I am not sure if you would want two. I guess it would depend on what size tank you have.

Edit: it looks like they are much cheaper here:
Hydor ETH In-Line Heaters

75G FOWLR. I have 2 now, one for backup in case of an emergency breakdown of the other. Since I'm using canisters (please don't start) I imagine I'd have to find a way to attach shutoff values of some variety. I have long considered hard plumbing into the tank and transistioning to flex pipe underneath. I guess I could valve at the transistion. The hard plumbing would give the support the heater needs.

Possible?

Here's an idea, how bout they make the heater w/ a shutoff already on it. Hmmmmmm

I don't understand why you would need a shutoff valve. The heaters have a built in thermostat so that they turn off if the temperature is reached just like an in tank heater. I am confused. I am probably missing something here.

An inline heater will not last forever. At some point it wll need to be removed. Shutoff valves on either side will make that replacement easier.

Back
Top Bottom