Jebao wp40

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ronlezah

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Anyone ever use one of these or have any interest in setting up a group buy? Someone started one on ARC yesterday that seemed to generate a lot of interest. Apparently these wave makers work really well for a lot less money than the other leading brands. Shipping costs are what get you since they're shipped outside the US.

Ive been wondering the same thing! Theres a brs group buy coming up soon i believe

Awesome cant wait for the review. Ive thought about buying two for my upgrade pending a user review first hand

Awesome cant wait for the review. Ive thought about buying two for my upgrade pending a user review first hand

I've got a JEBO canister filter, and it's been running 4 weeks. no problems, quiet and reliable. I can't speak for the wavemakers but the filter is solid so far. I've also got the TaoTronics LED and of course has X has stated its a great light. So that's two Chinese products on two different tanks and both work great. It appears as if 'Made in China' is coming to have a different meaning. Fingers crossed cause I'll be doing a 55 this summer, it'll be nice to have some options on wavemakers.

I got one on the way for my 120g. I will post a video once it arrives next week.

I have been following that thread for a really long time. Waiting for the first bad review.

Mike the WP40 is going to work really well in your 180g.

I have been following that thread for a really long time. Waiting for the first bad review.

Mike the WP40 is going to work really well in your 180g.

Thanks Terrance. Just going to see how this one goes before I get another . Have not found a bad review yet either .

I ordered March 5th and received the unit on today, the 20th. After my order was not shipped appropriately (they never shipped it and gave me another tracking code of another person's WP40), Eric (the seller) shipped my package on the 16th. Super fast shipping if they have shipped my order properly. The packaging was solid. I got everything I needed and had no problems assembling.

This WP40 basically looks like a tunze with less controlling features, but packs a more powerful punch. Its pretty big, measuring 6in length and 4in wide, but it looks fine in my 120g. My Koralia was slightly smaller.

I added the WP40 halfway down my 120g and aimed it slightly towards the floor. Turned it on and it worked beautifully. I did my weekly water change a few days ago and today I see the WP40 picking up all the stuff I probably missed when siphoning. I literally saw particles being suspended in the water. It was great until I noticed the noise.

If you watch the video, you can hear the noise. I do not like noise since I play my guitar next to my tank. The humming noise very noticeable, but not near as annoying as a properly set up MP40 running at 50%. I think it very similar noise to the tunze.

There are 6 flow mode:
H (high) - constant 3250gph flow
L (low) - constant ~1000gph flow
W1 - wave (pulsing) mode, there is a dial where you can adjust how long quick it pulse
W2 - not sure
W3 - not sure
Else - random ramp up/down and interval, great for random turbulance

My dial is set at 50% of W1, and I see a slight wave. Most people would aim the WP40 slightly toward the surface to create more of a wave and keep the high flow away from the corals. I will do the same when my 120g is converted into a reef within the next few weeks.

Performance is great, price is great, noise is decent, but durability is a big question mark. The WP40 can be controlled, but that is beyond what I need from this pump. If you are interested, then do your own research about how to do it. If this pump can last me at least 1 year, then I would call it a huge success. If you believe in chinese LED, then you should believe in the WP40 as well.

WP40 120g - YouTube

Edit: $108 total after shipping.

Thanks for the review . Mine shipped on the 19th so hopefully it will be here soon . From the looks of the video it should be just what I need .

2 on else mode would serve you very very well.

Now that I'm in the room for a longer period, its almost as loud as an MP40. Dang, I was hoping to avoid the noise.

I read the noise is from it being attached to.the glass. Maybe you can stick something in between the magnets? I'm thinking it won't be louder than my skimmer .

You're out of luck. These pumps are selling HOT! I can't think of a better way to experiment in this hobby with $108. If you keep an expensive item in your cart, they will send you an email for 2-3% off (which is how I got the thing for $108). Many online sellers do this.

As for the noise, its mostly the motor. Not much vibration at all, so there isn't much that I can do. Maybe there is a break-in period?

I set my pulsing W1 intervals at its longest. I'm seeing waves :) of a least 1 inch. I tried to see what would happen if I aimed the pump slightly up (away from corals if I had some), the waves got bigger and I felt uneasy about water getting all over my floor and electrical stuff, so I aimed the WP40 back slightly toward the bottom of the tank.

I bet it needs some slime buiilt up on it in order to quiet down, my maxi jet circ pump was the same way

I found the noise problem. The pump cannot be pointing straight ahead or else the vibration of the pump cause a very loud noise. It needs to pointed any where besides straight ahead.

Wow this pump much more quiet. Yup its just as loud as a tunze and my overflow noise is louder so i dont notice any noise from the WP40 unless im standing a few feet away.

No bad review yet :p

Would this be a little over kill for a 65 gal tank? I want more random flow but i don't wanna pay 400 bucks for a vortec

Back
Top Bottom