Koralia sizing guide

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Btw - I don't know what the best koralia's are for your tank but in terms of gallons per hour flow rating versus other brand power heads koralias are over rated. I have a 425gph korallia and a maxi-jet rated at 295gph and the maxi jet out performs the korallia by a noticeable amount. But that isn't to say I would rather have maxi-jets, it's just in comparison with other brands I think korallia is optimistic with their flow ratings.

Saratj1 said:
Btw - I don't know what the best koralia's are for your tank but in terms of gallons per hour flow rating versus other brand power heads koralias are over rated. I have a 425gph korallia and a maxi-jet rated at 295gph and the maxi jet out performs the korallia by a noticeable amount. But that isn't to say I would rather have maxi-jets, it's just in comparison with other brands I think korallia is optimistic with their flow ratings.

Ok thanks

flow rating

IMO flow ratings are easily misunderstood. For example a nozzle on a garden hose on spray or stream is still has approximately the same flow rate. Personally I use both. The maxi-jet is on constantly and a over sized korallia for a hour once a day.

ezy33 said:
IMO flow ratings are easily misunderstood. For example a nozzle on a garden hose on spray or stream is still has approximately the same flow rate. Personally I use both. The maxi-jet is on constantly and a over sized korallia for a hour once a day.

What size maxijet should I get

I have a 46 mixed reef (got a video of it just posted ;)..) and I have 2 aqueon 500s a koralia 425 and about 750 gph from my 2 returns

Imo you'll need less flow in a bowfront tank since 2 of the corners are obtuse over right angles allowing it to rotate around the tank easier

Back
Top Bottom