Led questions.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reefpete

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 29Gal reef tank and was wondering what would be a good LED Set up. How many watts of LEDS etc. Where I can get the best deal ETC. I am keeping candy canes, gonapora, 3 anemones (condy, max mini, long tentacle), green polyps, hairy green mushroom........

And i want a system that has two separate power cords so i can have whites and blues on a timer and also moonlights so three then ......

Right now i have the 30 inch coralife t5ho 4 bulb setup 31watts per bulb

Attachments

• DSC00412.jpg
    DSC00412.jpg
    252.9 KB · Views: 61
What is your budget? Are you a DIY kind of guy, or looking for something off the shelf ready to go?

I have AI Sols and I love them. They are ridiculously powerful and 1 unit would be more than enough for your system. The optics are phenomenal.

A lot of folks are buying the taotronics fixtures on ebay - the price is definitely right on those, and again 1 unit would be sufficient for your tank.

If you want to build a fixture, you could do that using 3W cree's. RapidLed is a good site that has pretty much everything you would need.

What is your budget? Are you a DIY kind of guy, or looking for something off the shelf ready to go?

I have AI Sols and I love them. They are ridiculously powerful and 1 unit would be more than enough for your system. The optics are phenomenal.

A lot of folks are buying the taotronics fixtures on ebay - the price is definitely right on those, and again 1 unit would be sufficient for your tank.

If you want to build a fixture, you could do that using 3W cree's. RapidLed is a good site that has pretty much everything you would need.

thanks for the reply....and i mean i don't have a budget as i found in this hobby you can't put a price on most stuff lol and i like to spoil my fish haha but i would like to do it my self but i don't have the time...i d rather buy a unit and be done with it ....where can i buy ai sols or have a look at them? and i will look on ebay now

Yes, from what I have seen, that would be enough. 1 guy on here only has 4 of them I think on a 250 gal tank and he has some SPS in his tank. This is just from what I have read mind you... no personal experience with them.

I am not sure if you can find them with a bracket or not. I know there are a few different distributors on ebay that are selling them now. There are at least 5-6 forum members here that are running them or have ordered them at least, so I bet if you did a search here on the forum for taotronics, you would find some chatter about them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom