Lighting Mistake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jbro

Aquarium Advice Regular
I recently upgraded my lighting from std fluorescent to 2X65 PC 50/50. I got it from LFS for $150. LFS recommended just to put the strip over the open tank. I was leery of this (heat, contamination, evaporation) from the beginning, but after 3 days, I realized that I really need at least a 4X65 PC. Here's my dilemma; LFS said he would take back the 2X and trade in for 4X fixture, but it has been a week, and he's blown me off before.
Should I post my 2X fixture on the barter forum and buy the 4X? I went back to my original lighting waiting for him, so the 2X only has 9 hrs on it. My other option is to buy another 2X and just add it (it's on sale for $103). That's is what I would really like to do do, it would fit, give "breathing room", and save me from having to try and sell my slightly used one.
Sorry for the long post, I just had to explain.

I have 2-2x65 fixtures on my 75 gal tank. If this is for a 55gal you might want to measure the tank and make sure two fixtures will fit if you are using an overflow.

Back
Top Bottom