Liquid Co2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dbtars

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi,

Does anyone recommend using liquid Co2 in fresh water plant tank instead of conventional CO2 system ?

thxs

David

Hi,

Does anyone recommend using liquid Co2 in fresh water plant tank instead of conventional CO2 system ?

thxs

David

Do you have plants that actually need co2? What plants do you have? I prefer the co2 system as I can tell when co2 is running low and tell where the co2 is flowing.

i dont know yet.

i am thinking of various plants from low grass to taller ones

i will have two 23" High Light + reflectors

plenty of light, though tank is 22 inches in depth

When you said "low-tall grass" did you actually mean water grass of were you just referring to height of miscellaneous plants?

i was planing to plant various plant on different heights.
Grass will cover sone soil in front, then taller and taller to back of aquarium

i was planing to plant various plant on different heights.
Grass will cover sone soil in front, then taller and taller to back of aquarium

Get some jungle Val for back.
Dwarf sag, hydrocotyle, small anubias, moss for front.
Many, many types of plants for middle area.

The organic co2 suppliment works great check out the tank of the month from January I think it was the usersname is rivercats she uses the liquid co2 in that tank. Use excel if your gonna buy it from the store or you can buy a gallon of gluteraldehyde and mix it 1:1 with distilled water and store it in a light blocking bottle. Gluteraldehyde is the active ingredient in excel at 1.4% the glut I'm talking about is 2.6% and is much much much cheaper. But for your question. If pressurised co2 is 100% excel is ~70% at reccomended dosage 1ml/10g but can safely be dosed 2x reccomended. With average lighting. If your a master at plants you can dose 1.5ml per gallon of water bit ONLY if you know what you are doing.

thxs for info

i will need to digest it :)
i am using excel . 2.5ml every day on a 120L tank for first month. my lightning is good.
i have a Juwel Lido120 tank. I added reflectors.
JBL substrate & FloraBase on top

Attachments

• image-1277427283.jpg
    image-1277427283.jpg
    218.8 KB · Views: 78

Attachments

• image-419299853.jpg
    image-419299853.jpg
    253.8 KB · Views: 67
Your tank looks very happy. Really diggin the flowering anubias? I'm not familiar with jbl ferts I dose pps-pro, glut and diy co2.

thxs.

The tank is brand new. 3 days in production :)
i will wait for a month to things to settle down .
temperature is controlled by chiller 24c
ph 6.8
gh/KH controlled perfectly
no nitrite/nitrate at all
i also have a Sera Co2 system but i didnt connect it. maybe i will

I only use the liquid carbon in my 30 gallon. My plants are happy and healthy.

Back
Top Bottom