Mp10es

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Irishmike7979

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 55 gallon tank and want to add 2 mp10s and get rid of my of my existing powerheads. My question is I see majority of the people that own them run it in reef crest mode (which I think I will do), so would it be beneficial to get the wireless ones or just the basic ones? When there are two units that are wireless and running on reefcrest mode do they behave as a master/slave or do they just create random flow all the time?

image-3209507210.jpg

Another question off topic if some one has a reef octopus protein skimmer can you please let me know if you like the needle wheel one or the recirculating one?

Well, I think you'll get mixed opinions. One of the other mods on here has two and opted for the non-wireless models (for cost, and because I convinced him it wasn't necessary). Last I heard, he was very pleased with them. IMO, the wireless would only be nice for someone who wants to brag about having a synchronous set of powerheads, or possibly for other modes. I don't know the names of the modes, but I keep mine on purple (it shifts between an up and down pattern and a short burst pattern).

Thank you I didn't think it was necessary and if I want to upgrade I can just buy the accessory down the road. I'm going to order the non wireless one for now and then see if a second will be needed.

Back
Top Bottom