The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Use the aqua clear for a fresh water tank its not going to be even close to enough for a 75 saltwater reef

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

But the live rock and sand do most of the bio filtration

Its no problem I'm sure your tank is going to great

I am going to make a brief list of questions I have, not many but I want to cover as much ground as we can in one shot. I'll be here about this time tomorrow and post.

OK hit me up any time I'll be their to help if you have any questions.

I'm getting closer, assembling the complete BRS RO/DI system this week-end. I have a list of questions.

Is there a shelf life for stored water?
Do I need the powerheads for curing my live dry rock? what size?
If I start with fish, inverts and dry live rock and do not add corals do I need powerheads?
Once the Instant Ocean salt has dissolved in my storage tank should I still let the powerheads run?

How long to mix the salt in my RO/DI water with the powerheads, and what GPH flow rate do I need or size of powerhead to do my mixing?

You do not need a powerhead to cure the live lock just leave it in a container with with salt water

You do not need a power head but I would just get one so the fish are used to the flowing water.

Yes let the salt mix in the container for a full 24 hours.

Really you do not need a certain gallons per hour just something that will turn over the water.

Just something over 150 gallons in hour

For the ro/di just make sure the water coming out of it is 0tds

And you can store that for really as long as you need if their is a sealing lid on the container

It's dry live rock, and I still don't know and haven't found a good answer as to what size powerheads I will be needing.

It's dry live rock, and I still don't know and haven't found a good answer as to what size powerheads I will be needing.

Do you plan on a reef or fowlr? For a reef I would aim for 30-60x turnover (2250-5500 gph) depending on the corals you like. For a fowlr it's more about making sure you don't have any dead spots where detritus can settle

Eventually I plan to raise corals, that will be down the road. I was thinking about 2 1400s. 75 gal, I plan on only 6 or 7 fish along with my clean up crew. I don't want to over populate.

I am sure that eventually I will go the LED route, any suggestions? The lights will have to be in place when I get the corals. What I have learned from the videos point to LED.

Back
Top Bottom