NEXX : Is the pump supposed to make THIS MUCH noise???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kindafishy

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just bought and put together an API Nexx canister filter. The pump is in the tank. And it is LOUD.

Does anyone have this filter? Tell me about the noise level if you have it.

I called the place I bought it from, they said that they haven't had any complaints regarding noise from the pump. I am going to run it for a few days to see if the noise dies down (their suggestion), failing that I will return it or maybe try replacing the pump.

I have no fish in yet (currently cycling). Thank God, they'd probably be deaf by now.

Anyone?

I saw this pump and it looks pretty cool. I would try looking it up on YouTube or some other web site and see if you can hear the pump there and compare.

I really don't think it should be as loud as you say. I am interested in how this turns out for you, so I'll subscribe to your thread and hope for the best!

Those caught my eye at a Petco the other day and I looked at the specs ont he box as well as for the expansions. For the flow rate they give you, they seem to really overrate the pump it seemed to me. Also, when I looked a the ratings for the expansion, it showed the flow going up, which seems counterintuitive to me. If it's the same pump pushing water through more media, I would think the flow would actually drop. Do the expansions have some kind of booster pump in them to keep the flow up?

I have had one for a week. I am trying my third pump which is now rattling away merrily and driving me nuts! I am going to take the whole unit back for a refund today. Rena and the shop have tried all they can and been very helpful but the pump is a truly awful design. Don't buy this if your tank is sited in a quiet room.

Mine is dead silent, my marineland HOB filters are way louder.

You may just have gotten a bad one.

Every canister filter review ive seen there is a pissed off costumer about how loud his filter is.

Sorry for your luck.

Back
Top Bottom