Odyssea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Platiesareawesome

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello! I was wondering if any of you have had experience using Odyssea products. They have pretty cheap filters and lighting, and I was wondering if it's any good. Thank you!

They aren't as quality as other lights or filters, but for the price they are a good deal IMO. They get the job done for me, so I'm pleased.

They aren't as quality as other lights or filters, but for the price they are a good deal IMO. They get the job done for me, so I'm pleased.

I'm looking for filters and light fixtures for a 75 gallon tank I would like to set up. (As you already know). Would I be better off getting a different brand?

Depends on how much you want to spend, really. If you want a more quality product, you're probably going to have to pay quite a bit more.

Hello! I was wondering if any of you have had experience using Odyssea products. They have pretty cheap filters and lighting, and I was wondering if it's any good. Thank you!

I have this odyssea filter- it is rated at 2600 l/hr. it has great flow rate, but maybe I'm too used to canisters with baskets (not find of my eheim for that reason). It's not the most convenient for changing media, but I'm considering filling the bottom half with bags of matrix.
It's supposed to be a similar design to the fx5. I wouldn't know.
What I can tell you is that every time I take off the lid (to clean, or more likely, rescue fry) I end up with a slight leak from one of the red shut off valves- always the intake. I fiddle with it and eventually it stops, but I don't know why it does that or what it is I'm doing that fixes it.
It came with no information whatsoever

image-2033845541.jpg

I have this odyssea filter- it is rated at 2600 l/hr. it has great flow rate, but maybe I'm too used to canisters with baskets (not find of my eheim for that reason). It's not the most convenient for changing media, but I'm considering filling the bottom half with bags of matrix.
It's supposed to be a similar design to the fx5. I wouldn't know.
What I can tell you is that every time I take off the lid (to clean, or more likely, rescue fry) I end up with a slight leak from one of the red shut off valves- always the intake. I fiddle with it and eventually it stops, but I don't know why it does that or what it is I'm doing that fixes it.
It came with no information whatsoever

View attachment 189887

Would you recommend it?

Would you recommend it?

I'd have to say no based on my experience. If there was a manual or products support my opinion might be different, but as it is, I would recommend these instead:
http://bit.ly/WvOlu9

They come in a range of sizes, with and w/o UV, and are sold under a bunch of 'brand' names (pro aqua, sunsun etc)

Dead easy to use and clean, and absolutely silent .

I have had wveral of the light fixtures and havent had any issues with them. I like their price and the timers that they have. For the money, in my book you cant beat them. But thats just from my experience with them. :)

I've had the CFS500 canister filter for 2.5 years and a 36" T5 light for 3 years. I 've never had an issue with them, but after owning them I'd rather pay a little bit more for a better product.

Back
Top Bottom