Odyssea Powerheads? (EX250)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

StevesPrettyCool

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey everyone, was just searching eBay for powerheads because I have a couple deadspots in my 55 gallon I'm trying to fix. I came across these, and they look pretty nice for their price.

250 GPH
2 Powerhead 250 GPH Aquarium Water Pump Free Filter NEW | eBay
350 GPH
2 Powerhead 350 GPH Aquarium Water Pump Free Filter NEW | eBay

I own pretty much all Odyssea products due to the prices they have. Been using the Odyssea CFS500 Canister Filter and Odyssea Lighting and the products seem to work great for my needs so far. Would just like to know if anyone has experience with these before I jump in and buy them.

They also have a single 500gph product that looks the same, for the same price, but 500gph sounds a bit overkill, plus i was thinking if it comes down to it, i could toss both 250's in at different spots for maximum flow/minimum deadspots.

Any info would help! thanks

you can buy maxijets for the same price. koralias for not much more. a 500 gph power head is not overkill for a 55 gallon tank.

I'll never own Odyssea anything. Whether or not they've actually corrected the issues with their lights errupting in to flames, all the horror stories are enough for me. I definitely wouldn't stick anything inside my tank made by them.

ok well what i did was... Picked up a MaxiJet 900 from the lfs on sale, pretty nice. But also ordered the Odyssea 350 powerheads, couldn't resist even if they suck for the price. once i get the odyssea powerheads i'll begin a tiny review of the product here for other bargain hunters like myself. Of course it wont be as good as the big brands, but at least there will be a user review for anyone wondering.

Haven't set up the Maxi yet but it looks like a beast :D

Back
Top Bottom