Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 01-31-2006, 06:47 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Orlando
Posts: 274
Send a message via AIM to robertfah
Online References

Does anyone have any sites online (or local places in Orlando, FL) that sell 100g plastic drums? I'm looking to putone in my garage and hook my RO unit up to it so I can have 80 or so gallons on hand for WC's and other small needs for my tank. I think Brendon had one, but not too sure where he got it from.

Anyhow, TIA and hope someone can refer a good place.


90g Reef
robertfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 09:25 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Piedmont, NC
Posts: 4,580
I got mine from a place in TX. I had looked at several local places like tractor supply. I liked the one in TX because it had a small footprint and was tall so it did not take up much room. With the shipping it actually came out to be the same price as local and I did not have to pay tax. Mine is 300 gal but they have one that is 100 gal (23" diameter by 63" tall) Best SW hobby investment I have made. I bought a 60 ft hose and put it on a mag 12. Now 200 gallon WC are a snap. If you want me to look up phone number where I got it from PM me.
*The fact that no one understands you doesn't make you an artist.
*If guns kill people...Spoons make Michael Moore fat.
Brenden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 11:06 PM   #3
AA Team Emeritus
cmor1701d's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Belle Mead, NJ
Posts: 7,815
Try US Plastics. They have several different types, shapes, sizes.
cmor1701d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 10:02 AM   #4
AA Team Emeritus
BillyZ's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Western NY
Posts: 4,064
my suggestion would be to check feed stores or even places like lowes/HD. Look for large Rubbermaid water troughs, seems they also refer to them as "stock tanks".
Acronyms and Abbreviations
BillyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 01:41 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Activist
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Amherst, NY
Posts: 109
http://www.plastic-mart.com has the lowest prices guaranteed and you can have them build any container to the size you need.
1brent1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Articles to Help with the Planted Tank czcz Freshwater & Brackish - Planted Tanks 2 02-20-2012 12:21 AM
fish health references? gheitman Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish 6 08-25-2007 10:28 PM
Print/Photo References Arinon Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion 2 07-20-2006 08:58 PM
Additional photo references 24 hours? NE! Saltwater & Reef - Identification 0 04-14-2004 03:14 AM

» Photo Contest Winners

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:42 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.