Online sites for large tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

King Fisher

Aquarium Advice Addict
Does anyone know where to find a 240g tank online that is glass and can be shipped? Even more specifically, a 240g long....96x24x24. All I seem to find is acrylic.

I did find one site. Customaquariums.com

They will actually make any shape or size tank you want. You can pick glass thickness and clarity as well......for a price of course. Looks like they ship it in a wood crate. I didn't even get to the price of shipping a 300+ lb tank but I'm sure it isn't cheap. If I remember correctly they are out of California. I live in Nevada so at least it's close. They have the 240g dimensions but listed as a 280g??? Kinda odd.

Hmmm. Seems odd and opposite to a comparison of the thickness of the glass would make it less gallons to my thoughts. And heavy. An email would clear it up. Could be a typo.

So from some previous negative experiences I have had with things, look up "problems" with x name company in a search not just reviews. For any purchases like that. A check of problems or other words which could be consumers not happy might use. No one has real 100% satisfaction when it involves big tanks and shipping and some people who complain are just crazy but sometimes it can alert you to important issues.

The reviews are often skewed. My daughter bought a car and the guy wanted her to leave a 5 star review before it was even all said and done, and she didn't because of his behavior. He actually cornered her, literally and confronted her about her review as she was leaving, telling her she needed to change it. So reviews can be bartered and pressured for. And bad ones can often be deleted.

The tank comes with 1/2 inch glass but I would be seriously considering 3/4 in glass. I'm probably gonna stay away from tempered and just go thicker. I do like the way they pack it for shipment. But need to find some reviews like you said.

Back
Top Bottom