Ozone...and what to use.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ccCapt

SW 20 & Over Club
I just got my ozone generator and ORP controller. Now here's my question. I have a Prism skimmer I don't use anymore and was going to use that for injecting he ozone, but when I emailed Red Sea they told me it wasn't ozone safe. Now from what I understand all that means is the plastic body will eventually get brittle from the ozone. Since I don't use it anyway I don't care what happens to it, so should I use it?
The skimmer I use now is a Coralife SuperSkimmer 125 which is ozone safe. But the thing is from all I read, once you start injecting ozone the skimmer runs less efficiently and right now this skimmer is skimming great. I'm not sure if it will skim like it does now if I inject the ozone into the Prism, but I would like to have this run as good as it does now when I do start the ozone.
Comments, suggestions and ideas are welcome. 8)

Why not run both? Run the non-safe one with air, and the safe one with ozone. The extra skimmer should take up the slack if the good skimmer's performance goes down with ozone.

Back
Top Bottom