Powerhead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Biff82

Aquarium Advice Regular
Would a jebao rw-4 create enough movment for a 160 ltr reef tank?
Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

If you want to stick with the Jebao I think an RW-4 might work but I think 2 would be better. I think it also depends on the tank setup and what your keeping. In my 110gal I have had 5500gph just in power heads and everything adjusted to it fine.

I like the idea of 2 rw-4s better tho. That way you can really have some randomized flow and cover the tank.

I thought rw-4 cos i like the features on the controls i could get a more powerfull one or get two defferent ones,im very open to options just not a rich man.
Im looking at getting some zoas xenia etc
Fish two clowns carpenter wrasse and two/three more maybe

When I bought the Jebao for my 110 I originally thought I'd get the RW-15 so I could just have 1 strong power head to cover the tank and while it does do that.. I quickly realized I wanted directional flow in some areas to reduce dead zones. So even tho the RW-15 provides enough flow to the tank I still added other power heads to provide flow in certain directions.

I think in the end you'll be happier with 2 Rw-4 at least. Although the corals and fish you mentioned don't require much flow at all.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1449173236.323122.jpg
Anyone used these?

Back
Top Bottom