Protein skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bkushy

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just added the aqua c remora pro skimmer to my tank. Holy crap. Is there any way to make this thing quieter.

From the owner's manual:

Microbubbles and Noise
It is normal for the Remora to release microbubbles back to the tank, especially during the first week or two of operation. During this break-in period, the skimmer will also run louder than normal. You should see a decrease in microbubbles and noise after several days of operation.

I think "several days" is a bit optimistic, as skimmers can take up to a month to properly break in, but you should notice a reduction once it does..... just keep in mind that between the pump running, the air sucking, and the natural noise of a skimmer, it's not going to become whisper quiet.....

Last edited:
I have the same skimmer and it did take a couple weeks no I can barely even hear it. Hang in there lol

I haver and love my remoras. :) Yeah, they tend to be a little noisy even after break on but I love how much it pulls from the water and cant find an alternative skimmer in that price range for a smaller tank without a sump.

It will quiet down quite a bit after a while though, like said above, just hang in there. lol

All skimmers are going to be noisy when they're new. Give it a couple of weeks and it should quiet down.

Back
Top Bottom