Protein Skimmer - Only have 4 inches to wall

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vanphyre

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey all,

Sorry for another Skimmer post, but I am having troubles finding a good skimmer that will suit my special needs. I have a 46gallon aquarium and about 4 inches behind the tank. I would really like a protein skimmer that could sit inside the cabinet below the tank and have a pump that hangs into the tank. What do you think of the below choice? Is it overkill for my tank.. i.e. can you go too large? We may upgrade the tank later is why I state that.

Something like this one:

The Turboflotor 1000 Multi by AquaMedic(measures 7-1/2" x 15" x 21-1/4" high) includes a pump and all fittings, and can be used "hang-on" style, sit beside tank, or inside or outside the sump. Only the pump needs to be placed in the aquarium or sump. Two outflow boxes direct water back to the aquarium or sump, while eliminating any leftover bubbles. For aquariums up to 250 gallons.

If anyone has other suggestions also, I would love to hear them. We are planning to add Corals and a few fish.

Also looking at the AquaC Remora Pro w/ Mag 3 Protein Skimmer. That is a hang on one, that actually is only 3 1/4" deep! Is the Pro version worth the upgrade price though? hmmm.

One more question.... where on earth does the pump go and what does it look like? Does anyone have a picture or anything? None of the website selling these things shows me a picture of the pump (installed preferred), just pics of the Filter.

Thanks!
Vanphyre
file8761@yahoo.com
aim: file8761

If you are possibly upgrading the tank why not go ahead and build a sump. That way you will not have to limit your skimmer choices.

From all the research on the board a Sump is definitely something I would love to do. However my retarded stand on has 12" x 12" space. :( Have had the tank and stand for a long time... back then I knew nothing or would have gone a different route.

Back
Top Bottom