Quietest canister filter.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

buzzkiller

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I'm setting up a new 100 gallon tank in my bedroom. I have two old aqueon 55/75 HOB filters. However they are kinda loud at night when I'm trying to sleep. From what Ive been reading on the internet a canister filter may be quieter. I'm looking for recommendations on the quietest canister filter that would be big enough for my 100 gallon tank. Thanks!

I have a Cascade 1000 Canister and after 9 months it's still dead silent if you keep the water level above the spray bar. It's not that expensive either compared to most canisters.

Caleb

I don't think the cascade would be big enough for a 100 gallon tank. Then again at that price point I could get 2.

Would an api filstar XL be large enough for a 100g tank? If so is it quiet?

My Fluval are silent.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

My Fluvals are extremely quiet too. Sometimes I have to touch the hoses to make sure they're running.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Fluvals look to be out of my price range. I'm considering either the filstar XP xl or the eheim 2217. My question now is would 1 of those be enough to filter my 100g tank?

2x Sun Sun HW-304b
Absolutely silent and super cheap.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

2x Sun Sun HW-304b
Absolutely silent and super cheap.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice
+1.. amazon has them for about 60 bucks and the 302 for under 30. Very silent and big media baskets.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

The fluval 06 models are really quiet I have the 306 model that does 70 gal I only have a 55 gal set up. You should use the 406 or 506 really easy to set up and really quiet.

Back
Top Bottom