Reef Keeper Elite or Apex Controller ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ahh so that brings the price point closer to the apex. :)

I think they are both about the same as far as what they can do, it also depends on what you want it to do and the modules you want to add on. I have my eye on several modules and they were all cheaper with the rke. As far as quality, I havent seen an apex in person so i can't give an opinion, but the rke is pretty sturdy and I am very happy with it. I program it on my netbook with a cable hooked to the unit so it's idiot proof, which is what I needed.
lol

I am ordering the apex lite in week. Been researching for months and I love the iPhone control and away from home monitoring. That sold me over the cheaper reef keeper and yea easentially they can do the same things. Apex lite is about 100 bucks cheaper and doesn't have controllable pump outlets for the vortech pumps it also doesn't come with a ph probe.

I'm still unsure if im going with the lite or apex regular. I'm leaning towards the full apex because a ph probe is about 50 or so. So for 40 bucks give or take you get the full version. Although with the lite version you can add a ph probe and module for vortech pump control and it would be the same as the regular apex. Lots of videos on YouTube about it as well. Setup and programming etc.

I think I will be going with the Apex. I need to know if something happens. iPad and iPhone are always with me.

450 gal tank w/

Return pump
Refugium lighting for 2
Skimz SK 251 protein skimmer
ATO
Tradewind 1/2 hp chiller w/9.5 mag pump
Aqua 120w UV sterilizer
2 - 550 PhosBans
Koralia 8
3 -400w MH
4 - 80w T5s
LED moonlights
Fans

I think I will be going with the Apex. I need to know if something happens. iPad and iPhone are always with me.

450 gal tank w/

Return pump
Refugium lighting for 2
Skimz SK 251 protein skimmer
ATO
Tradewind 1/2 hp chiller w/9.5 mag pump
Aqua 120w UV sterilizer
2 - 550 PhosBans
Koralia 8
3 -400w MH
4 - 80w T5s
LED moonlights
Fans

Sounds impressive! Any pics?!:popcorn:

Great looking tank. When is the apex getting ordered? I think I'm doing mine in week. All depends on The government with my tax money. I will post a review when I get

Ok so I ordered my apex lite with ph probe. Just over 400 bucks. I got 5 float switches installed and my breakout box already rdy to go. I am hoping to get Saturday. Which would be ideal since I'm going away on business next week and would love to have it all setup for easy tank care for my wife.

So psyched. Love technology with aquariums.

In transit. I will get Monday. I'm sure will take me most of Monday night getting setup. I will be adding a 2nd energy bar 8 for my lights and pumps. The initial 8 outlets will be controlling top off and return pump skimmer heater and refugium. Pretty much 1 energy 8 in for sump. Then 2 will go above display tank for lighting and in tank pumps.

Still have to Run Ethernet thru attic and Get another aqua lifter pump for kalk top off.
I already have fresh top off jug. Gonna have both setup and controller top off kalk and can switch to fresh is PH gets to high.

I have the Apex JR with an additional 8 outlet giving me a total of 12. pH is a waste unless you are using it to control a calcium reactor. I'm also away all day so the Internet and iPhone app were of major importance to me.

I would just like to monitor ph to know it is consistent. So you think pointless to monitor ph? I could return and spend 40 toward another module for conductivity.

Well I may have been a bit harsh in that comment. After a year or more you get a good feel for YOUR tank. Monitoring Alk, Ca and Mg and keeping those in balance will keep the naturally fluctuating pH in a good range.

Anybody want to buy a used Pinpoint pH meter and probe? :lol: (actually keeping it in case i decide on a calc reactor).

Well I am utterly disgusted. I have been planning for months and months. Tracking my apex shipment like a hawk. It says delivered at 3:57pm today. Awesome I get to finally setup my apex. NOPE. I get home to find no package. No I have to deal with USPS about he said she said that my package not here but delivery guy left it.

Just pissed tonight. Expected to be setting up new controller.

Just want to post a result to my last post. I ordered thru aquacave. The apex lite was never shipped. My order was processed twice and some how i had 2 tracking numbers sent to me. Which made me think that I had apex coming with other products. But in the end the apex lite was on back order. So I called today and upgraded to full apex so it can ship ASAP.

It did. I just got email. Apex shipped today. Total 479 with ph probe. Hopefully I get before I go away on vaca next weekend.

Back
Top Bottom