Reef Octopus nwb 150 from aquacave...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

110gTj

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just recently bought a reef octopus nwb150 skimmer from aquacave. I am upgrading from a coralife superskimmer on my 110 gallon tank. I should notice a prety big differance in skimming quality right? I hope this is a good skimmer and hope I am not dissapointed. Any input is greatly appreciated Thanks!

You will notice a huge improvement. Just keep in mind that a new skimmer needs a week or two to break in. I've heard of folks cutting down on that time by cleaning with a white vinegar bath, followed by copious water rinses. That will remove the manufacturing oils and coating of the new plastic/acrylic.

Got the skimmer in but havw a few questions. What's the adaptor piece for and ho deep should the pump be in the water also should I add a piece of pipe to thr outlet for the clean water to dump into nmy return section . Let me know asap pleasse thanks

The instructions should tell you how deep to set it in the water. I want to say 8-10", but it's been a long time since I set it up, so you should confirm.

YOu don't need to add any pipe, just let the water dump.

Not sure what adapter piece you're asking about.

one more thing...whats the easiest way to clean my collection cup. meaning do I need to shut my pump off everytime I do it? Or is there shortcut or easy way to get the bubbles down low enough to empty it then replace it after cleaning

I don't turn mine off. Just take the cup off and go clean it, then replace it. You shouldn't be bubbling enough to overflow the unit with the cup not in place.

that gate valve is the way to adjust the bubbles higher or lower if you wanted to remove the collection cup without unplugging the pump.

Back
Top Bottom