Refugium lighting scheme?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

How do you run your fuge lighting?

• opposite your display lights

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 24/7

• other(explain please)

• Total voters

MT79

Aquarium Advice Addict
How long do you run your fuge lights? I not sure whether to go 24/7 or just opposite of the display lights to save on heat/energy. Any input or experiences welcome-thanks.

Just had my fuge drilled yesterday. Only a 10 gallon but that's all the room I had in my cabinet next to the sump. Still getting the plumbing hooked up, This is my first fuge and was planning on 24/7 lighting as I had heard this was the way to go. Will be interesting to see what others are doing.

I go 24/7 because I dont want my grape calerpa to go sexual and I need it to grow fast to feed my tangs.

I go 24/7. I was thinking of switching to opposite phot period though. I'm interested in seeing the responses.

Thanks everyone for your responses.
Come on now I know more than 6 people on this forum have fuges!!!...Vote lol!

Well, for now atleast, I've decided to go 24/7. After the clump of Cheato I have has had some time to grow into the space I've provided for it in the fuge, I may have the light go off for a few hours so the pods, etc. have some nocturnal "life".

Back
Top Bottom