Rena xp3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Canary bird

Aquarium Advice FINatic
At the moment I have a 55 g set up , at some point as I've mentioned before my hubby is gonna cusom build me a 100g or bigger ! We've just been to the lfs where the biggest Rena was the xp3 . Or JBL 901 . Would either of these be ok for my current tank then go into my bigger one once done without the need for an upgrade ? Really expensive here (Tenerife)

I would advise against going to the lfs and buying something Caz that's what they got in stock. Do your research first and look @ available brands and models. IMO there are better brands then the xp but it really depends on how deep your wallet is. After dealing with a fluval 306 for almost a year, I can say I'm buying an eheim next year. Great filter, does the job good, but is too finicky with a constant steady gph flow.

But if you're doing a custom tank, you can never go wrong with a custom DIY sump.

I would advise against going to the lfs and buying something Caz that's what they got in stock. Do your research first and look @ available brands and models. IMO there are better brands then the xp but it really depends on how deep your wallet is. After dealing with a fluval 306 for almost a year, I can say I'm buying an eheim next year. Great filter, does the job good, but is too finicky with a constant steady gph flow.

But if you're doing a custom tank, you can never go wrong with a custom DIY sump.

That's all there is on the island, otherwise I would shop around ..

Well I got it and is up and running, although I had to go buy some extra ceramic rings as it only has 12 stars in it ! (Tight) .. It's running with my current eheim hob filter for a month at least ..... Looking forward to clearer water :) thanks for any input .

I have had an xp3 on my planted 90gal for @ 2 years with a hob with no filter media just for added surface agitation, I have never had any issues with this filter

I have had an xp3 on my planted 90gal for @ 2 years with a hob with no filter media just for added surface agitation, I have never had any issues with this filter

Thank you, it's always reassuring to get positive feedback on something ..good idea keeping the hob for added agitation too :D

Back
Top Bottom