RKE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hardridge

Aquarium Advice Freak
As anyone had problems with a outlet on their module not shutting off? If so how did you correct it?

I did in fact have that issue, actually still have it..... the socket that controls my pump for my overflow box will only shut down for like 10 minutes and then it starts up again. :-(

I have pretty much let it be, since the system is only down a couple times a month.

Have you checked the forum for any information? I have been meaning to do that but never get around to it it seems.....

I just did it aside that 2 and 3 will stick with low grade pumps and to move them to 1 and 4 because they use a diff kind of switch. Gotta love goggle :)

I had the same problem with the 2-3 slots but if u add a mini surge protector to either of the two will correct the problem as well.

I currently have my lights on 1 and 4, do you think they would be ok on 2 and 3?

Thanks for the heads up too, I appreciate you posting the solution!

Why do u want to change them? And I think they should be fine. I've found that the only pumps that fail the outlet are like top off and dosing pumps and heaters things that turn on and off frequently.

Yep, its the aqualifter pump that doesn't shut off and stay off. I'd rather have that pump stay off when I do a standby so it doesn't burn out.

I have mine on 1 through 4 (4 plugs) and I have never had an issue

I have 4 rk4 modules can u overload this it's says 64 but is it poss to have too much

That's a good question I'm not 100% sure but I believe it should be able to power as much as the breaker for the circuit the unit is plugged in to will allow for instance 15 amps in most cases.. but still I'm not sure. One time my power went out from a storm and I had my genarator hooked up to my rke. It powered both of my tanks and my frige, laptop charger and sellpone charger all hooked up to my 3rd power bar.. I was shocked nothing tripped no lie

Back
Top Bottom