RO/DI filter question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jennytram

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am using RO/DI filter to mix with Ocean Salt brand and I let it run for 2 days. Then, I used the test kit to test the water and they are.

PH = 8.4
Amonia= 0.50
No2= 0
NO3 = 0

I don't know why, an amonia is 0.50

Anyone can tell and help me to solve out this problem.

I am newbie, Thanks.

Test it again to make sure or maybe even do a double check and let your LFS check it out.

I haven't test without salt, that result is after I added salt and ran.

That would imply your water is good, and the ammonia is coming from your salt mix or it's something leaching from your storage container that is being read as ammonia.

Salt mixes will always have *some* ammonia in them, but it's normally not detectable using our test kits. What brand salt are you using? Do you mean "Instant Ocean"? I've never heard of "Ocean Salt brand".

sorry, I had a miss- spelling, that's correct " instant ocean" salt.

I wouldn't expect Instant Ocean to mix up with any measurable ammonia. Could just be a false reading. I assume you're not seeing any ammonia in your main tank? What specifically are you storing your salt water when you're letting it age?

you' re right as you said, that is my storage container is not clean. After I cleaned it and dry, I did setup again and an amonia is 0 right now. You're the man, thanks for your help.

Back
Top Bottom