RO/DI Unit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RYANLAWRENCE

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have been buying my RO water at a water store for $.40 a gallon. Im tired of having to haul water back and forth and drive to fill up, so I would love to own my own unit. But there are so many choices. People with RO units...what unit do you have? If you could post the Internet link that would be awesome. And did you self install it, or get a plumber? I'd also like to use it for drinking water as well.
Thanks in advance,
Ryan Lawrence

Thanks guys those look like some good ones. The thing is, is that we want one that can be hooked up under the sink so it can be used for drinking as well. Would these work for that?

I had a Culligan ro I'm sure u can add a di to it but the ro it's self I used for discus it had a little 5gal tank that sat under the sink and a separate spot on the sink for the ro water but this was a small one and there cheaper than buying a "fish quality one"

I have a
sep_products.gif

Coralife Pure-Flo II 50 GPD Reverse Osmosis Filter 3 Canister With De ionization Cartridge

I LIKE IT

Thanks guys those look like some good ones. The thing is, is that we want one that can be hooked up under the sink so it can be used for drinking as well. Would these work for that?

I have the same one Carey posted and I have it installed under my sink. I like the permanent spot for it and I just turn the ball valve when I need to make water.

The tap still works too whether making water or not.

And I'm not sure, but I don't think you're supposed to drink ro/di water. I mean, I don't know if it can hurt, but it doesn't have any nutrients or ANYTHING in it.

yo scott do u think u can explain a lil more how u have it set up under your sink ? im looking for a good ro/ di system for my 46 gallon bow-front tank and want to mound it under the sink?

also carey how do u have yours aswell?
TIA

bulkreefsupply has some nice one I bought the 5 stage plus 75 gpd unit($199.99 free shipping). Works really well made 75 gallons in under 24 hours and bulk reef supply comes with a number of fittings so you can hook it up under the sink on top or to a garden hose, whatever. They also have videos on the website to show you how to install. www.bulkreefsupply.com

paulweck said:
yo scott do u think u can explain a lil more how u have it set up under your sink ? im looking for a good ro/ di system for my 46 gallon bow-front tank and want to mound it under the sink?

also carey how do u have yours aswell?
TIA

I have mine setup with my garden hose only when I need it. I store mine in the closet otherwise.

What's the purpose of ro/di water filters I'm not even sure what they do, is it for places with hard water? Or hooked to a municipality water supply? I have a well that's spring fed from a freeflowing moss swamp the water is really soft doesn't have very much carbonate in it so I add it to help keep ph stable it's naturally about 7.2ph but outta the tap like 6.8 due to the co2 in it would I need a ro/di filter for using in a saltwater tank? Thanks in advance to whoever has any advice or information

If you want the under sink set up, go for the adapter found on the ebay page that says "[FONT=????]1/2" tee & 1/4" ball valve, works for under sink water adapter[/FONT]"[FONT=????]

[/FONT]I believe it is the default adapter sent with the unit.[FONT=????] [/FONT]I just turned off my cold water supply line and took it apart where the tubing from the faucet meets the pipe coming up from the floor. Since I have non-standard plumbing I just got a few cheap adapters from lowes and hooked the faucet line into the top of the unit's adapter, then hooked the bottom of the adapter into the cold water line coming up from the floor.

Now the unit just sits underneath the sink and when I need to make some RO/DI water I just drag my water bin over near the sink and turn on the ball valve.

Very easy, but can be troubling to set up initially if your plumbing doesn't fit the supplied adapter.[FONT=????]
[/FONT]
It should be noted that I am in no way a plumber. ;) I just took the adapter to lowes and told the guy what I needed, lol.[FONT=????]
[/FONT]

What's the purpose of ro/di water filters I'm not even sure what they do, is it for places with hard water? Or hooked to a municipality water supply? I have a well that's spring fed from a freeflowing moss swamp the water is really soft doesn't have very much carbonate in it so I add it to help keep ph stable it's naturally about 7.2ph but outta the tap like 6.8 due to the co2 in it would I need a ro/di filter for using in a saltwater tank? Thanks in advance to whoever has any advice or information

Reverse Osmosis De-ionization filtration removes all of the impurities found in tap water and leaves you with pure water.

The stuff in there is bad for saltwater fish and the salt mix will provide them with all of the minerals and things they need.

Mine I asked for thegarden hose adapter. The ebay company gives you a choice faucet or hose hookup stuff included.

Back
Top Bottom