Salt level testing meter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ScotJ

Aquarium Advice Activist
I was at the lfs today and they used a "refractormeter" or something like that to test the salt level in my water. Not sure what he called, but something like that. What is the proper name for it?

As well - they had a water PH meter that tests it digitally - what is the proper name for that?

I was at the lfs today and they used a "refractormeter" or something like that to test the salt level in my water. Not sure what he called, but something like that. What is the proper name for it?

refractometer

As well - they had a water PH meter that tests it digitally - what is the proper name for that?

digital pH meter

Refractometer is a required tool, in my opinion. Digital pH meter... not so much. Personally, I think they're way more trouble than they're worth. Liquid test kits for pH are just fine.

When it comes to aquarium stuff... errr, not really. There's mostly a bunch of cheap Chinese knockoffs of higher quality Chinese stuff. :) Just remember you get what you pay for.

I agree with Kurt that a refractometer is a must. Moved to General Hardware and equipment discussion.

Back
Top Bottom