Scratches and how to get rid of them.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
case of the craiglist scratches.....Hmmm..I haven't found away yet. I have bought 2 from craigslist with scratches..I say stay away prob. not away to get rid of them. at least mine both still have them

ps.. unless you just get a great price and can later feel ok about the scratches.

ask him where the scratches local at, if they aren't that eyes catching, then go for it.
$50 for a 90gal OoO, thats a great deal.

Well i just called him and he said that they are on the side and on the front. He said that the ones on the front are on the bottom were the sand was. I also would like to know how to get rid of coraline algae on the overflow? because i can't scrape it off because it is on plastic. is there like a remedy to get rid of it? like vinegar and water or anything?

I will use vinegar+water, but other than scrape it off, I really don't know. maybe fill the tankn with vinegar water and see if they die off or become easier to remove?
maybe use them as part of your cycle?

White vinegar will work. I use that quite a bit....For the tough stuff, I use straight up vinegar.....If you take it off now, it will grow back eventually....

You really can't get rid of scratches in glass, unless you have a diamond coated polisher (as in making lenses, etc). There are some DIY kits on the market - but I rather doubt that you get good result with just the grit & elbow grease.

You should go & see where the scratches are & if you can live with them. <PS if the scratches are only at the front - turn the tank around, then they will be at the back!> Also $50 is not a good deal if the tank is really scratched up. I got a brand new 80 gal for $100 on sale ... so if you are patient & wait around, you can do better.

Back
Top Bottom