Seaclone 100 Skimmer & micro-bubbles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ruby

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Ugh. i've had this skimmer for 4 months with no problems. two days ago I cleaned the whole thing (it had a lot of hair algea on it) when i put it back together it created ridiculous amounts of bubbles. No matter how i regulate the airflow it is not helping! also the cup is overflowing with foam, which is bubbling up thru the hole in the top as soon as I plug it in. basically it's a big mess and it's unplugged right now. i have a w/d filter and 4" of dsb so i'm not worried about filtration, but if anyone has one of these skimmers and can offer any advice, i'd be mighty grateful.

They will, as do most skimmers, need to work a little bit and re break-in so to speak. Whenever I do a complete clean with mine it takes a little time for it to adjust. Mine does pull out a good amount a dark brown sludge, but will still bubble through the top hole as you've described.

HTH :D :) :eek: 8O 8) :lol: :p

Good to know, but this is bubbling through the hole, down the tank and onto the floor at a really high rate and it didn't do that when i first set it up!

This is quite normal for protien skimmers of any sort after a thorough cleaning... The problem is that when you first put it on your tank, you may not have had much for it to produce, and now that the tank is matured good, it is taking a lot of the nutrients that has built up because the skimmer was dirty and not performing properly... It will have to run a while to get the slime coating back and stop producing so much wet foam...

Close the air intake and run it for several days. they are a finicky bunch

Back
Top Bottom