Skimmer Issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spchampion2000

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I currently have a hang on protein skimmer connected to a sump in my 100g sw tank......i have the common issue i read about online all the time about the bubbles all over the tank that i intend on fixing with a piece of sponge over the outlet just as pretty much everyone else does that i have read about.... as far as the skimmer is concerned....my skimmer came with very little documentation and i know i have everything connected properly but quick question on the flow of the skimmer.....exactly how much should the water/bubbles be flowing out of the top and how quickly should the holding container be filling with water.....once this needs to be emptied what should i do with the water in that container should i toss it or put it back into the tank....im a little troubled with that. any help would be great!

What make and model skimmer is it? No, bubbles aren't good and usually your skimmer just needs to be adjusted if it's still putting out bubbles.

Also, the stuff that skims out in the skimmer should be dumped. That's the purpose of the skimmer, is to remove the junk. Chuck it out in the sink. :)

as soon as you let us know what kind of skimmer it is, you'll be able to get more help. different people have experience with different skimmers, so that's kind of important.

The skimmer is a Jebo Protein Skimmer connected to a submersible pump......its a hang on as stated in the previous post. Thanks for any help.

Back
Top Bottom