Sounds Crazy but humor Me (Intex Pool Filter)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pton46

Aquarium Advice Freak
If anyone has seen an small Intex Pool filter unit, it is the size of a large canister Filter.

Well my mind was wandering and thought, H'mm?

The Filter media is very similar to a Marineland Magnum and might do a decent job. I am in the process of getting my Oscar condo tank in place and would not mind trying it....Thoughts

It would be this filter....I have one of these handy.

MODEL 603 INTEX KRYSTAL CLEAR POOL FILTER/PUMP | eBay

I don't see any reason why this wouldn't work other than I might have to be level with your tank since it's suppose to be used for above ground pool to work properly. Also you have to think about the noise this pumps going to put off. It was ment to be outside where excess noise isn't a big deal. However in you living room trying to watch tv or have a conversation it might be loud. Just my two cents.

I don't see any reason why this wouldn't work other than I might have to be level with your tank since it's suppose to be used for above ground pool to work properly. Also you have to think about the noise this pumps going to put off. It was ment to be outside where excess noise isn't a big deal. However in you living room trying to watch tv or have a conversation it might be loud. Just my two cents.

Ah yeah, They are loud but I do have a plan. I have an old Rubbermaid Container I was going to use for water containment in case it leaks, if I poke holes in the Lid and use foam around the Filter should displace some of the noise....enough to make it bearable. The Tank is in the Basement.

Then it l should work well but again I see that being not made to push water vertically so to keep the 500+gph it will have to near level with the tank.

I forgot the gph you loose per foot but I think it's 100gph per vertical foot you will loose if it's under the tank

Then it l should work well but again I see that being not made to push water vertically so to keep the 500+gph it will have to near level with the tank.

I forgot the gph you loose per foot but I think it's 100gph per vertical foot you will loose if it's under the tank

Thanks Good info, I'll run a couple of Test and tell you how I made out.....

Back
Top Bottom