SunSun Cannister

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ya the purigen is a bit overkill but u can still buy it if you want that extraclear water

Sent from my fish tank

Okay sweet, and I was recommend to get corse finger sponges, fine filter floss, and bio media...can anyone help me find where to buy these and tell me if its really what I should get? I assume you just place these in the sunsun or is there a special place inside the canister they need to go?

Even though I don't personally have a sun sun is do the filter floss first, the sponges next, and then bio media and then water polisher/carbon or whatever stuff u want to add after

Sent from my fish tank

Even though I don't personally have a sun sun is do the filter floss first, the sponges next, and then bio media and then water polisher/carbon or whatever stuff u want to add after

Sent from my fish tank

What do you mean by first second and third. Im just confused. How do these go into the cannister? Don't they all go in at once?

What do you mean by first second and third. Im just confused. How do these go into the cannister? Don't they all go in at once?

The SunSun canister that you linked to is a 3-stage canister filter. This means that it has 3 trays. You can put your stuff in different trays.

The SunSun canister that you linked to is a 3-stage canister filter. This means that it has 3 trays. You can put your stuff in different trays.

Thanks! Any idea where to get coarse finger sponges? I found the other two as you see above ^^

I would just buy the SunSun premade sponge. Don;t get me wrong, I do a lot of DIY stuff, but filter media is something I just buy. Those sponges will last a long time, Just wash them in tank water when cleaning the filter. You can see the cleaning process on YouTube.

I would just buy the SunSun premade sponge. Don;t get me wrong, I do a lot of DIY stuff, but filter media is something I just buy. Those sponges will last a long time, Just wash them in tank water when cleaning the filter. You can see the cleaning process on YouTube.

Thanks so much!

Back
Top Bottom