Tanking filling "stuff" - hose holder, diffuser, cutoff, etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Linwood

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I use RODI water, and have three tanks (220G, 45G, and 30G). I do not have any permanent water storage, so when I need water changes I have a temporary tank (65G) I pull down and set outside, and two 44G trash cans, and one dolly.

All this means I am continually pumping water from one container to another, mixing, moving, pumping to a tank, etc.

I'm pretty good on pumping out of a tank, but filling and moving water from storage to garbage can, from garbage can outside to garbage can inside on dolly, from garbage can to aquarium...

I have plenty of vinyl hose and pumps but...

I need "things" to help manage the hoses -- make sure they stay in the can/tank/aquarium/whatever while pumping for example. I've had numerous "events" where they pop out at some point and flood the floor. I'd also like something that could disperse the water better and not blow away the sand in the tank.

What I envision is something weighted that would hold the hose in the tank -- or maybe clip on the side, hold the hose firmly, and maybe have some kind of diffuser on the end. Might even be nice if it had a float switch cutoff.

I've seen nothing even in that vein (remember I'm talking temporary stuff I can use in multiple places, not a permanent ATO system). I don't even know what to call it to Google.

Has anyone seen anything like this? Any kind of pieces or parts like this?

PS. Pumping out a 44G trash can takes about 20-30 minutes for me, so I don't intend to stand there holding the hose.

linwood your gonna laugh but at my local fish store they have a rock tied to the end of the hose they were using to fill the tanks. Didn't look all that pretty but it works to keep the hose down in the tank.

as far as a difuser or shutoff I have no idea, but I would be interested in something like that as well. I use my aqueon water changer to drain water but it wastes so much water, I'm looking for a pump or something to drain water faster without the need for using tap water

I am so honored to share my simple little rig with a doctor:) boom!! Clip holds the 90° firmly on the glass creating a fan or rainbow of water down the glass.. no substrate disruption what so ever..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1422312310758.jpg
    1422312310758.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 99
Quest84 - I've really come to like pond pumps - $10 or $20 little submersible pumps, and with a vinyl hose can empty a tank, fill a tank, etc. And a small one can sit on the bottom and if you want empty a tank down to a couple inches. No substitute for vacuuming of course, but my tanks are really hard to vacuum due to plants anyway.

Brookster123 - now that looks interesting -- what is it? Maybe a hose barb on a right angle that would go to PVC? Did you put something in it, or let it just blast against the glass? And the clip -- I may have one of those, but the hose keeps slipping out, but the hose barb would fix that. Very interesting. With massive effort I might even be able to build one of those. :dance:

Thank you!

It's cpvc, i believe it would be with sprinkler parts at the hardware store.

I am so honored to share my simple little rig with a doctor:) boom!! Clip holds the 90° firmly on the glass creating a fan or rainbow of water down the glass.. no substrate disruption what so ever..

cool, I might make one of those...the clip was in the sprinkler section as well?

Back
Top Bottom