TaoTronics light question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No. You will definitely have to mount them high enough for even coverage. With either fixture you will run into the same problem. What I would do is get rid of the canopy and mount the lighting on the wall behind the tank.

Without canopy I think tank would look funny. I'll take a pic. Without canopy I could definitely wall or ceiling mount some tao's for sure though

Fish are people too!!!

I don't think it will look funny. Many people don't use a canopy. Top down viewing is the best IMO, and you lose this with a canopy.

Ok will do at store now. The overflow cascades down about 19" to the drain line that feeds downstairs. The drain line has a PVC mesh tube that is covered with sponge as a pre-filter. I have tried marine land filter sponges 3/4 the way up the overflow and that didn't help.

Fish are people too!!!

I greatly apologize for pulling this thread so far off topic. Mr. X, If I could meet you I would buy you a beer. That is amazing. So it was about 10.00 to take care of it.

Part list-
2" PVC 1 foot section cut down to size
2" PVC end cap
2" PVC compression joiner.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1404533978.865749.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1404533996.981394.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1404534009.142339.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1404534021.279094.jpg

Fish are people too!!!

It is nearly silent. I may redo it taller at some point but I was essentially pushed out of the store because they were closing.

Fish are people too!!!

Do you think two of those lights are enough for a 125 gallon long (6ft) ?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

What's your plans for the tank? Sps? From what I read you may need three ...which for a six foot tank, is cheap

I have two over my 55. With Lps and sps. They are doing really well.

Anyone had issues with bulbs burning out? I've had 2 units do this and they way they are wired if you burn one bulb out they all go out (blues or whites,dependingon what burns out). I have some being sent to me so I'm going to try and replace them myself. The only issue so far I've had with these is because they are an ebay buy its really hard to find a place that will/can repair them if need be.

Back
Top Bottom