tap water filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

greatgman

Aquarium Advice Freak
anybody have the tap water filter u can get at petsmart or petco?
i have one and i think it does a real good job
i can make an avg of 30-40 gallons of di water with each cartridge.
what do u think about it?? :)

have you measured Gh, Kh and pH after using it? DI is not hte same as RO water, and I stick to RO water for my SW tank.

There's no point in measuring pH of DI water.. no ions to affect it :wink:

DI should be better than regular RO anyway.. I use a DI tap purifier and TDS is always zero. Only downside is the running costs are higher than a RO unit.

The TWP by Aquaririum Pharmaceuticals its a great little unit. If your water is hard the cartidges will exhaust quickly and be less cost efficient than an RO unit. Do a Gh test on your tap water before buying it. I get over 100g per cartridge so it works great for me.

I saw it at Petco the other day and looked at it. If we are talking about the same one its about $45 for the unit and replacement cartridges are $20. Depending on your water type can filter 30-60 gallons of DI water per cartridge. Not sure but seems a little pricey per gallon isnt it?

yeah but getting ro di water up here at deans water is almost 3 times as much
i figure 60 dollars is not all that much for pure di water for 100 gallons

dont for get i did this right after all the heavy rains from hurricane ivan dropped on us
so i think the water treatment plant i get the water from was pretty taxed out any way so i will wait a couple of weks to see if i get more gph out of it :)

60 bux for water?

I paid $130 for my RODI system on ebay.... that came with a pressure tank and faucet for drinking too... for me, I think it made more sense than buying and hauling water across town.

Back
Top Bottom