Thermometer Recommendations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Buffy

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi everyone,

I have a 75gal SW Tank. I would like recommendations for an accurate thermometer please. If there are any brands better than others and such please let me know.

Right now I have a stick-on from the LFS that said it was a good one. However my Heater is set to 77 and I read 82 anywhere I have it on the tank. I would like information on one that goes in the tank and one that I can just use when I want/as a back-up and to take with me to check other tank temps for accuracy.

Thank you for tagging along and remember I like extra butter :popcorn:

I use these in the majority of my large tanks, because they are easy to read quickly.

Top Fin&#153 Digital Aquarium Thermometer - Heaters & Accessories - Fish - PetSmart

But the stick on thermometers are just as accurate as the fancy digitial ones, just a little harder to read. It sounds like your heater is the issue with not being accurate, which I would not worry about as long as it's maintains the correct steady temp.

I use these in the majority of my large tanks, because they are easy to read quickly.

Top Fin&#153 Digital Aquarium Thermometer - Heaters & Accessories - Fish - PetSmart

But the stick on thermometers are just as accurate as the fancy digitial ones, just a little harder to read. It sounds like your heater is the issue with not being accurate, which I would not worry about as long as it's maintains the correct steady temp.

Thanks, now that you mention it, I haven't seen the heater kick on much, so maybe it's because of the "heat waves" we've had. I had to put the air on once it was so hot and muggy in here.

I don't have the tank by any house duckwork, but heat transfers take place anyway. Duh me lol I don't like closing up during the summer, but looks like I will have to and run the a/c during day and switch to heat at night to keep house constant temp.

Back
Top Bottom