VHO set up right?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Electrobes

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I am trying to set up a VHO set up for a friend but this is the first time I am doing it.

I followed the ARO ballast diagram but it isn't lighting. My question is this: In one light bulb are the end caps the same or is there one type on one end and a different type on another?

He as two types of endcaps.. one that does a half turn to have the bulb "locked" in and the other you push down on it to "snap" it in. Thanks for the help!

If you mean one end of the bulb is sort of an 'electricity in' and the other end 'electricity out' i do not believe so, should run any way you put it in. I know in my setup I thought my light system didnt work when I got it (i flipped the working bulb the other way and swapped the other bulb out to see if it was just a bad bulb or the system), only one side lit up... after emailing the company quite peeved, i realized the socket that side was plugged into was powered only when the lightswitch was on (i hate they way its set up like that) but... flipped the switch on the wall and on the otherside came lol.

Back
Top Bottom