Water levels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I haven’t check the levels yet plan too today waiting for my lights to come on they seem to be happy going to feed them when the lights come on

Just checked my levels and the

Ammonia-0
Nitrite-0
Nitrate-0

No spike yet.

So my levels are staying 0 no ammonia spikes yet and it so hard to count these little ones. They move so fast I thought the gave us a extra one but I think they gave us 12. I keep counting 11 I know 1 died.

Well I fixing to do a 25% water change on fish tank
Just checked my levels

Ph-7.6
High range ph-7.4
Ammonia-0.25
Nitrite-0
Nitrate-0.
Oh I had another fish die today so I’m down to 10

Ok so I’m down to 5 fish. After 2 days of doing 25% water changes my levels are good

Ph-7.2
High range ph-7.4
Ammonia-0
Nitrite-0
Nitrate -0

Im a little bit worried about the 0ppm nitrates. Thats really weird. Can you double check you are doing the test correctly.

Whats the temperature in the tank?

Are there any signs of sickness in the fish?

image-2020-08-01-16:38:08-014.jpg left side of tank
image-2020-08-01-16:39:01-984.jpg temp controller
image-2020-08-01-16:39:16-442.jpgthe temp controller probe
image-2020-08-01-16:38:19-912.jpg right side of tank

The fish are swimming and acting fine doesn’t seem to be any thing wrong. Yes I’m fixing to test the nitrates again but I’m pretty sure it going come out the same. I have the temp controller set for 79.0 because my air is on and my temp won’t stay at the temp I want. Now it at a good tempimage-2020-08-01-16:51:52-591.jpg
Nitrate. Is still 0image-2020-08-01-16:55:00-037.jpg

Everything back on track. Ammonia levels are zero so is nitrites, and Nitrates are zero too I know that error but it is And yes I’m doing it right. Lol. My fish is staying alive Have 5 neon tetras, and 5 albino Cory catfish

Everything back on track. Ammonia levels are zero so is nitrites, and Nitrates are zero too I know that error but it is And yes I’m doing it right. Lol. My fish is staying alive Have 5 neon tetras, and 5 albino Cory catfish

Error supposed be weird

Ok just tested my water levels
Ammonia- 0
Nitrite-0
Nitrate-5.0

Is the nitrates good?

If your tank is cycling the ammonia should be turning to nitrite and nitrite should be turning to nitrate. Nitrate can be removed by plant growth, which you dont have, so your water changes will be how you removed nitrate. You should be keeping your nitrates below 20ppm, preferably 10ppm.

So if you are doing weekly water changes, and your nitrate maxes out at 20ppm or below immediately prior to your water change you are good.

So testing my ph level which I think it 7.6 or maybe higher. My test kit only goes up to 7.6 so does one know how high this color is?IMG_0304.jpg

Ph-7.6 or higher
High ranger ph-8.8 or higher
Ammonia-0
Nitrite-0
Nitrate-5.0.

Just to let everyone know my tank is so good my levels

Ph- 7.2
High range ph-7.4
Ammonia-0
Nitrite-0
Nitrate-5.0

Do I need to be testing copper levels, Gh,and gh, Phosphate levels all I have is api master test kit

Going to do a weekly water change today
I tested my tank this week had no ammonia level at all this week

10ppm isnt high for nitrates. Still keep up with at least 25% weekly water change even if your nitrates dont get high though.

Back
Top Bottom