What do you store your pre-mixed PWC water in?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Rubbermaid totes are OK. I just make mine in 5 gallon buckets and wait a day or two and add them.

Ok. I just think it will be easier this way cause my PWC's are 15-20 gallons. And 4 or 5 buckets take up more space than a trash can.

Ok. I just think it will be easier this way cause my PWC's are 15-20 gallons. And 4 or 5 buckets take up more space than a trash can.

Keep in mind that, just because it's big enough to hold that much water, doesn't mean its tensile strength is going contain it. Look into the blue plastic water barrels would be my best suggestion.

blue plastic water barrels - Google Search

I'm considering using 55 gallon plastic barrels in my fish room. I currently fill from tap and there isn't any issue, the water is really good so I haven't been pressed to do it yet.

They have plastic 55g barrels on craigslist here for 20-30 bucks

Mr. Limpet said:
Keep in mind that, just because it's big enough to hold that much water, doesn't mean its tensile strength is going contain it. Look into the blue plastic water barrels would be my best suggestion.

blue plastic water barrels - Google Search

I think it will be ok to hold 20 or so gallons. The rubbermaid brute cans are really sturdy. I'll watch it as I'm filling it, just to make sure.

Brutes are probably the safest bet. They are NSF certified to store potable water. Not saying other brands aren't good, but there is no doubt a Brute won't leech anything into the water.

Back
Top Bottom