Whats your heater recommendations?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Polar_Bus

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I would like some input on heaters, specifically shatterproof titanium style ones? I will be stocking some "playfull" large species, and I remember years ago some species like to bite on the bottom of the heater. I have a 90G tank, so I need roughly 400W of output. Thanks!
Rich

a heater that is 400W - 450W will do nicely.

Personally I only use Won Brothers Pro Heat 2 or Ebo Jager (Ehiem Jager now) heaters.

You can find a review of the 250W Ebo Jager heater in the Product & Retailer Reviews section.

I use the via-aqua titanium heater, which is a similar setup to the Won Brothers. It's nice to have the controls outside of the aquarium. If you are aiming for 400W, it is best to go with 2 200W heaters, just as a failsafe--if one heater starts rising out of control, it will take longer before cooking the fish.

Uh, I don't know. I don't think so, and it was not mentioned in the owners manual (of course). And I never measured flow before and after installing. But it is very effective in distributing heat around the tank, since the heated water is injected via your outflow.

Yeah I was looking at the ETH heater too for my XP3 but im also going to run a UV so I dont know how that will affect my gph, but an XP3 on a 55 is got a little room to be lenient on the GPH

The Hydor ETH 300 on the XP3 won't reduce flow at all. I'm using it on my 75G, and my temp stays constant. If you are using a cannister on the 90g, 1 Hydor ETH 300 will be enough, IMO. with the amount of flow from the XP3, the temp will remain constant.

i put a inline hydor on my xp3 and my temp doesnt vary even one degree on my 75. it only cost me 10$ more than the reg heater of the same wattage. plus you have less eye sores in your tank

Back
Top Bottom