Which new heater to get?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cmor1701d

Aquarium Advice Addict
I need a new 250w - 300w heater for my sump. I need the heater to lie horizontal in the sump, probably in the area that contains the macro algae.

I don't see the WON brothers around anymore, the stainless steel are for FW only, the Azoo titanium doesn't have a seperate temp sensor. Does anyone have a good recommendation?

Yeah it does look like they are short. I'll have to check when I get home. That heater you got looks like it might be pretty good. Let me know what you think.

I should have it early next week. The site says it shipped but there's no tracking number yet.

I got it last Monday. The diagrams on the 1 page instruction sheet gave me an immediate pause.... the text next to the controller inset reads "Controller host (invite see to test the right diagram" The other diagram of the controller is marked as: "Controller host
The temperature adjusts the knob
Temperature designation"

The wording of the Limited Warranty on the other hand is spot on and clearly states what is not covered :wink:

I have the heater and the temperature probe in my sump. It reads 1 degeree less than the thermometer probe (Digital Big Temp) placed about halfway down on the back wall in the tank center.

This unit holds the temp steady overnight even if I left a window open and the outside temp got into the low 40's at night (inside temp was down to high 60's).

The digital controller is easy to read for temp. and clearly shows when the unit is on. The adjustment knob for the temperature is cleary not accurately marked, but does get you within a degree or two. You probably need to make some minor adjustments over a period of days to get it set exactly where you want it. I did, but now that it is set it works great, and keeps the tank temp stable at night.

Not to be a thread stealer but how do you guys feel about inline heaters?

If I were just setting up a new tank I would seriously consider on. On the other hand, what is the expected lifed expectancy of the unit and how easy would it be to remove it if necessary? Think about putting shutoffs on either end in case you have to remove it.

Cmor, I have noticed many heaters have a degree varaiance of +/-, so you might be on par for that heater. Let us now how it continues to function.

h8z2luze, I don't know about inline heater, I like to have easy access to all my equipment, but I would post in the general Hardware/Equipment section to get some personal experiences and reccomendations of good/bad brands.

Back
Top Bottom