Will this hold? Need help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

coutts

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Advice needed!
I’m in the process of setting up my first tank. It’s big, 120cm long (approx 60 gallons)
I have put it on a heavy wooden cabinet, but now I’m worried it won’t be strong enough :( How can I tell? I really don’t want to stuff this up, and it’s on the strongest bit of furniture I own.
What do you guys think? Should it be ok?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 46
I dont like it. It's going to bow down in the middle. That was not designed to hold 600 pounds. The fact that it's not landing on the sides is a problem. If there was a double sub layer of plywood that spanned the entire surface youd be ok.

I dont like it. It's going to bow down in the middle. That was not designed to hold 600 pounds. The fact that it's not landing on the sides is a problem. If there was a double sub layer of plywood that spanned the entire surface youd be ok.
I’ve got a double layer of ply under the tank itself. Not sure if that will help any

I see in pic. It's not spreading load to outer frame. The outer frame is the structure/strength of the chest. At any rate, I wouldnt use it.

I would buy a stand. Those boards on the bottom frame are probably 1/2 and glued. Not worth the risk of 60 gallons of water on the floor.

Back
Top Bottom