40 breeder Apistogramma build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Beautiful tank! I’m looking at possibly adding a pair of apistogrammas to my 50gal, too!

Thanks, they’re a great little fish, tons of personality.

So my a. McMasteri “female” has transformed a lot in the week I’ve had it and I’m pretty sure it’s a male of another type of apisto. It’s gone from dull gray/brownish to this, thoughts on type?

uklKP7c.jpg

kn6KAhM.jpg

Returned my “female” apisto because I’m 99% sure it was an aggazi. Picked up a ram instead. Other than that tanks doing ok, moss is finally starting to bounce back and look good.

KOSkmby.jpg

thm279O.jpg

YcReI6P.jpg

041se75.jpg

yiojKFN.jpg

Fts
SM7SW45.jpg

I'm looking to turn a 40g breeder into a GBR and Apisto tank. I wasn't sure about mixing the two but it looks like it works. Nice tank.

I'm looking to turn a 40g breeder into a GBR and Apisto tank. I wasn't sure about mixing the two but it looks like it works. Nice tank.

Ya, so far so good. The apisto actually hangs out around the ram almost constantly, but no signs of aggression no flared fins or posturing at all, they just swim around the tank together it’s quite odd actually

1 and 1at the moment but I think the plan is 3 apisto and a pair of rams depending on how the female Apistos react

Added a few plants tonight, couple portions of ludwiga reopens and a couple swords that I’m blanking on the name of right now.

VtTvxlX.jpg

jinbQiw.jpg

tR81e2j.jpg

Looking really nice for me - I like looking through the variety and different colours. Much more to go?

Thanks, I think I’m about done, want a pair of female Apistos McMasteri if I can find 2. Another ram, I think I got a female but not sure yet. And then I think a small group of pencil fish and a couple more panda cories.

Went back to the lfs to pick up a few more ludwiga portions, 2 more repens and 2 more narrow leaf. Also impulse bought this guy I’ve been looking at for a few weeks now. Just went in so he’s still a little faded but I figured I’d better take advantage because it might be a few days before it makes another appearance.

Snowball pleco
yr9HyqE.jpg

VR5nSZ3.jpg

Ludwiga

[url]https://i.imgur.com/uaqpXiF.jpg[/url][img]

[img] https://i.imgur.com/KvwWQjl.jpg

RVRSX7t.jpg

x86sEEp.jpg

Fts

AUJzSAr.jpg

Well after a female apisto I added shortly after my last post introduced something that wiped out pretty much the whole tank except for the most of the cories and the green neons I added some new life today. 8 otos and 10 rosey tetras and some plants. Also added a piece of dw that I bought for the flex but didn’t like the look of in it.

Dw
W0kBxH2.jpg

Golden lloydelia
LlzBI5H.jpg

Mexican oak leaf
eDvtRwD.jpg

Rotola indica
xzFwMRl.jpg

Apisto shot
E0kqr3A.jpg

Fts

K2kXnTm.jpg

Tank plants are beautiful! Lots of colors and textures. Hoping your aquatic life is healthy with this round!

The experience of losing nearly a whole tank of fish from some bad ones is one I have had as well, and it was truly awful.

It looks like the fish will certainly be happy there!

Thanks autumn, ya loosing all those fish sucked but for the most part it was nothing to crazy. The snowball pleco and apisto were the only expensive ones but it still was a bummer.

Went ram shopping last weekend apparently, walked in with the intention of getting some green neons to add to the school and left with 4 rams too. Added a pair of gbrs to this tank and what I didn’t know at the time to be black rams to the flex.

The one I thought was male, now not so sure
xfhkrIa.jpg

ubs9XqP.jpg

The female or other female maybe ;)

14oSjo4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom