40 breeder Apistogramma build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Shrimps been out for about 24 hours and it looks like ammonia is about .5, nitrite .5 and nitrates a little darker than 80

Gonna check when I get home from work. Also going to try and grab some more moss either tonight or tomorrow

Nothing better than a well-aged shrimp, I say. :lol:

Just makes the mouth water ;). In cycle news the tank was ammonia free with .5 nitrite last night, today it’s all nitrates. Going to do a couple big wcs and then pick up a couple fish this weekend and start slowly stocking. Debating between harlequin Rasboras and cherry barbs or 2 types of tetras, not sure which though, for my small schools. Thinking about starting with maybe 3-4 of one of the schoolers and 3 cories.

So playing around on aquadvisor and it’s saying that I could do 4 schools of 10 small guys plus 10 cories and 8 Beckford pencil fish with the apisto pair. This seems like a lot to me, what do y’all think?

Nah.. one big school beats the mish mash.. I'm a sucker for cardinals and green neons though.

Picked up 4 green fire neons and 4 cherry barbs, and 2 java ferns and another sword. Think I’m going to end up doing a big school of the green fires 10 or so cherrys and 10 cories, 8-10 pencil fish with the apisto pair and maybe a zebra pleco if I can find one.

Pics
Xo6WJhD.jpg

OnXcgih.jpg

Fts
EPuvu9M.jpg

I think I’m going to look for a long piece of spider wood I can stick in the piece on the right pointing up to get a little more height over there

The lfs has 6 more of the green fires so I may go grab the rest of the since she told me they only come in every other month or so, not sure.

Back
Top Bottom