6ft tank build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alasse

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am getting a 6x2x2 tank made for my outdoor undercover area. A wooden or steel stand cannot be used as this area gets hosed out.

So Besser Blocks it is....

I started building it today....still needing more blocks to complete, but as it is so far

img_3091913_0_855c54399b9b2fec60491fe516076aa0.jpg

So picked up another 12 blocks, i think that will do the job. I also picked up some builder film, this will be wrapping around the ply and under where the ply rest against the blocks to keep moisture out

I am going to paint the blocks lol i think it will look tidier.

Will update with a pic once all painted and ready for the tank itself

Updated pic :D

img_3153351_0_37509703a1cdec275c09348d1957463b.jpg

* i will be painting the visible foam that the tank is sitting on black. I also need to setup the bulkheads in the sump, decide what pump to use and organize hoses etc

I played with some wood in the tank today.....think i've found a look i really like! Bonus, i dont have to go look for new stuff lol. Now that i have it how i want it i dont want to move it back to the pond lol And i cant fill the tank because i've started to mix the DIY substrate and get it in place.....tank now cant be filled until the capping layer is on....

Oh well if the wood dries out too much i'll just have to use rocks to hold it down while it waterlogs up again.....it should be filled by Mon or Tues at the latest, so 4-5 days....I tried for a pic, but way too much reflection, so will wait for dark.

Cool :thumbup: wish one day I can have this size tank :D

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thank you :)

DIY substrate in and capped. Tank filled
img_3159881_0_9c82aba6b13e855f19d65388725d12d7.jpg

Now i was lazy and didnt wash the 40kg of capping sand lol This will come back and bite me later i know. When i plant it, i will end up with a very cloudy tank for a little while :D

*a big thanks to my hubby who hung a 3ft light up from the roof just so i could take a pic lol He loves me..................sometimes lol

Alasse!!! How'd I miss this?!?!? That dw is a beast!! I'll be following this like deflategate!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom